Friday, October 16, 2015

So the week ends

Friends touch our lives in special ways, this week two friends touched me, first Wes was able to take my mess and turn it into a tax return and on time.  God blessed in that I was able to actually pay my taxes on time this time and I'm so thankful for that.  Wes is always so gentle and just not shake his head and groan when I show up with my pitiful attempts to be ready for his work.  Thank you Wes.

Secondly I heard from Sylvia and I was so delighted to learn she had finally let the green Odyssey move to someone elses driveway and in hers is a newer version.  I was glad to hear that now she drives in a safer, newer and more comfortable van and with the girls she takes care of every day the power doors make the tasks just a little easier.

So Sylvia good job and always glad to hear from her.

As usual my personal life is far from settled.  I have a wonderful friend I have been spending a lot of time with, language is challenging since she speaks beautiful Chinese but only partial English yet at this point, fortunately in this world there are great translator apps for our smart phones.  No they do not do a perfect job and it seems just when my friend is really anxious to speak her mind the phone fails to capture her words, seems to do better with English than Chinese but we communicate just fine.  I'll next see her on Sunday and I can hardly wait.  Yes she is younger than me, isn't everyone younger than me??  And to make things more complicated she looks at least 15 years younger than her actual age.  Last Sabbath we were at Tahoe for the day and ended the day on a dinner cruise on the MS Dixie, it was magic, great music from a live bank, beautiful scenery which she captured with dozens of great Ipad photos and then a dinner that was unusually good, all in all a perfect day and a safe trip back afterwards.  She woke once to catch me nodding and let me tell you I heard about that and she did not sleep again until the trip ended.

After so many years of being alone for everything no being alone for many things seems like a huge blessing and feels so good.  Only God knows the future but I'm enjoying the present.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment