Friday, February 22, 2019

P2P weight in tomorrow

Dear Reader, Friend, Family
For the last 6 weeks I've been in a challenge, this time as an alumni of past challenges they gave us a discount so we put up $297 and if we lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks we can either claim the money or roll it over to a new challenge that begins in a week.  As of a few minutes ago I had 1/2 pound to go to be down 20 pounds and tomorrow morning I'll drive to Concord to a huge hotel where hundreds of people will gather to weigh in and either win or lose.  I've done 2 challenges before and have always won by a pound or two, this morning I'm already preparing for the tomorrow weigh in.  I'm sipping a tea called Smooth Move and believe me it works, just helps the body to clean out a bit, I'll also take an Epsom salt bath tonight and then snuggle under blankets hoping to sweat.  Once again doing the challenge has helped get my life on track.  Over a year ago when I finished the second challenge I was down to 173 and felt good, unfortunately I did not have a good plan for the next step and starting eating too much and over the year I've regained enough weight that put me almost back to where I started.  The diabetes was out of control and I felt old and slow. 
Now the new challenge has reconnected me to old friends who also work out, Nikki has been an incredible help, she is also taking this challenge and has already weighed in early with a loss of 21.6 pounds.
So I planned today to be in the office working so I can be near the friendly bathroom.  I'll drink my 1/2 gallon of water by noon and then drink nothing more, eat nothing more and think small.
My work has slowed down a lot, there are fewer orders out there these days, hope spring brings a resurgence of work and orders.
Keanna is driving now which is a little difficult to adjust to, having someone that old.  She has turned out to be a very fast cross country runner winning important races in both northern Cal and southern Cal, its possible she could get a scholarship for college, its also important that her grades are well above 4.0.
Well its time for me to start writing up a report for a property I inspected yesterday in Vacaville.  As I started to leave town afterwards my devices told me I80 was closed going west, my normal freeway home so instead I came home cross country out Fry Road and down 113 to 12 through Rio Vista, across the Antioch Bridge and then to Brentwood to pick up Keanna after running practice.  She was cold from waiting and hungry, a quick stop at El Camino, a local mexican place took care of that.
My work is almost always interesting, often very stressful due to increasing government rules and client demands, do more work, pay less money.  Yet I'm thankful for work and for my life.
My friend Moon lives with her daughter Crystal in Singapore for now.  Crystal has just finished her year of being Miss Singapore and the two of them along with Gucci, the little dog manage to get along in a tiny little apartment where 6 people share 1 bathroom, things are very expensive there.  Our plan is for her return once she has done the things she always intended to do for her aging parents and helping Crystal get started in life.  We talk and text dozens of times a day and look forward.
Its time to work and I thank you all for your support, your prayers and a history of being there when our family needed help.
Love to all
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment