Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Incredible week! Home safe

Dear Family and Friends,
I flew to Houston, took Lyft to Moon's place and the work began.  Our goal was to rent a trailer, load all of her things into it and bring them to my place while she packed up to return to Singapore to be with her family, set up an apartment for Crystal and help with her father's care in the hospital.
So once I arrived we began work, on Tuesday I rented a trailer from U-haul, amazingly we were blessed with very low fee to come west, if I would return the trailer to Concord the total fee would be $153, that is plus insurance and dolly to move boxes.
Moon lived on the third floor in a two bedroom place, very nice with lakes, ducks, private streets and 500 units. On Tuesday afternoon I started moving boxes down the three sets of stairs and to the trailer, we unhooked the trailer as she has to help her friend on Wednesday morning, when she came back I could not lift the trailer to rehook it back so I moved all the boxes I already had in the trailer more to the back to take weight off, then I was able to just barely make the connection and we never took it off again.
Moon did an excellent job of packing, she had already packed about 25 or more boxes and we shipped them out early in January, they will arrive by ship at the end of February.  She has lived there about 5 years and has collected many things, Crystal, her 21 year old daughter calls her place the museum and there was ring of truth to that.
I say many beautiful things as we packed and I carried the loads down, first I did two boxes but soon I was doing 4 and 5, going down was easy but very noisy as we crashed from step to step, concrete steps and finally through a security gate and then to the Tahoe or trailer to store.  We worked almost around the clock sleeping very little, she had created a nice place in the guest room on an air bed and it was so comfortable, had my own bathroom.  On Wednesday she drove to the animal hospital for the last check up for Gucci, the little doggie that was making the trip to Singapore.  That one cost about $400 and all was in order.  Then on Thursday we drove to Austin with the trailer behind to the USDA to get our final goverment stamps for Singapore.  We arrived about 11 and found parking to be impossible, then just as in so many other times God opened a two place parking with two parking meters, into the bank I went, got quarters, fed the meters and into the USDA.  Super nice people and Moon had all the documents in order including the last two that were on her phone, she emailed them to the guy and he printed them out, 20 minutes later and $121 and we were done,  that process started the first of August since 4 months have to pass after the rabies shots are given by a Federal accredited vet.  Finally we were getting it done.  Then back to Houston to complete packing and moving out of a very full apartment.  Sometimes our tempers flared but at 2 am Sat. am we walked out and drove to Austin Airport.  Moon had not slept at all so went to sleep instantly once I started driving, it was a terrible night, pouring rain, heavy fog, visibility was limited.  We arrived at the airport very concered about how we would get her 11 pieces of luggage, the dog, the carry on to the check in.  A great porter was waiting and soon all the items were lines up in from to the ticket counter and an hour later she went through security and at 7:30 her text came, we are taking off.  She flew to SF where she spent the entire day waiting for a 10:30 flight that night direct and non stop to Singapore.  I've not spoken to her since.  Crystal texts me and I've learned they arrived fine but Moon is quite ill, she goes to see Gucci who is in quarantine for 10 days and Crystal is busy with her duties from being Miss Singapore.
I left Austin at 7:30 and arrived home at 12:45 Sunday night, God blessed with just enough gas money, car only got 13 or 14 due to the very loaded trailer.  I slept in the car under a huge blanket she provided for me in New Mexico.  Not a trip I'd like to take again for a very long time, ran out of gas once and the police came with a 5 gallon can, ate very little but listened to a great book that lasted almost all the way across.  Coming up out of LA the trailer began to screech, one of the wheels was running hot, what to do, pray and keep going, gradually after getting off the mountain it cooled down and made it home.  Most of the way I paid between $2.11 and $2.33 until I got to the Golden State, then it was over $3.00.  Not fun.
I now have all the things in the garage, the trailer is returned to concord and I inspected properties today.  I am so grateful to a loving God who has helped us many times when we faced serious challenges, some of you have helped or this could not have happened.
Because her last court appearance went so well and her record is clear, when she is ready to come back for a life and our marriage, about two years she thinks, all she has to do is apply.  I look forward to that day when my special lady can come home.
Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment