Thursday, September 3, 2015

challenging day

Good evening family and friends,
I've had an interesting several days as I deal with the pain of bruised ribs and an abrasion on my arm that is healing slowly but continues to leak a little as it heals.  Such a large area of skin was peeled off that it is taking some time to rebuild and with my thin blood due to blood thinners that does not help either.  I've been able to continue to work as usual.

Today my friend in another country went to the embassy to have an interview for the visa we need so she can come visit here.  From all the stories you hear and read about there being millions of illegals in this country you would never know it for the ordeal they put her through,  they were pretty much persuaded that she never intends to return to Ghana so they insisted that she have a large amount of money in a Ghana bank in a savings account, that she have several medical tests and they even looked at communication between she and me in her phone as they wanted to make sure she had someone to look after her while she was visiting here.  They questioned everything repeatedly and finally she was told that she could have a visa once she has taken care of everything.  So we are sort of praying and just thinking tonight.  She is not a rich woman so finding a lot more money for her savings account will be a challenge, her mom is recovering in her little business from the flood so has no extra money, so now we just wait on God to see how He leads us.  your prayers that His will be done would be appreciated.  I'm glad that immigration is careful in who they give visitor visas but when it is someone you care about then it hits close to home.

I've been able to work today generating completed appraisal and I've enjoyed the cool weather, what a huge blessing it is.

Sending love to all, God is good and He is good all the time, oh that we could learn to love like He does.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment