Saturday, August 29, 2015

update

It was an interesting week, on top of my normal almost frantic efforts to keep up with appraisal work often working until 1 or 2 in the morning this week had me getting the motorhome ready for its rental which started today and will last until Sept. 9.  The motorhome is going to Burning Man with a group of people I trust completely.  They are paying me a fair rental amount and I wanted the motorhome to be working well for them.

So this week I purchased new coach batteries, 2 six volts that provide power for the lights and all the things that need power in the living area.  I purchased a new ceiling fan as the last one was broken repeatedly by other renters in the past. The new one has one knob which opens and closes the vent but the process of taking the old one out was not simple, on Friday morning I was on top of the motorhome working for nearly 3 hours removing the old one, glued there for the past 13 years and then installing the new one.  When I came down the ladder I failed to get firmly stable and started to fall back, about 6 feet away I finally went down tearing the skin from about 2 inches of my left arm and hitting the concrete hard enough to hurt something in my chest. 

I've finally been able to see a doctor and nurse this afternoon and I'm in much better shape now with a professionally wrapped bandage and advice to take it easy.  This morning I got up early and knocked the last of the dust and dirt off the coach, washed the windows and then prepared the contract.  They came about 11 to pick it up and brought me 100 ginger snap cookies, so good and I really do not need these cookies and gave me a check.  About 1:30 they drove away having relearned all the systems and confident in their control of the coach.  Now I pray that God blesses them with safety and an enjoyable week.

At 3 I went to Kaiser and met the doctor and nurse and got fixed up, the nurse was really great and we talked about family, they just added 900 sf to their home in Apply Hill so their grandmother could live with them but be on her own, they have 2 girls and the girls enjoy having her so near. It was a good reminder that there are so many wonderful people in this world who are doing their best to maintain their families.

I had dinner at Round Table tonight, the salad was great, the pizza was a bit greasy but all is good.
Now I'll write one appraisal and then head to bed, dead tired, every part of my body that moves is sore from the hard work on the top of the coach and then from the fall.

So thankful to God that I did not break anything.  I feel blessed.

Love to all,

My friend has an appointment this week in Ghana with the embassy re: her visa.  I just pray that God works with immigration and that I can finally meet her.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment