Saturday, June 10, 2017

Good News

Good morning,
Just back from the weigh in at P2P, excitement in the room and success for me.
I got up at 6 and walked 3 miles just to be sure I would make goal of 20.2 because I thought I started at 191.2 but this morning when I looked carefully at the last certificate it was 191.7.  So when I weighed in I was 171.2, that meant I had lost 20.5 pounds which was great news.  There were perhaps a hundred people in the room of all races, all sizes and genders, some scared of the weigh in news, others just excited knowing they had made it.  My friend Victor, a former Richmond policeman had lost an amazing amount again, in two challenges he has lost over 63 pounds and looks amazing, super nice encouraging guy and so happy for him, he told me today I had inspired him, I thought he inspired me, always so encouraging and helpful.
So now I'm off to see Jason and family, we go to an honest lunch of real food!  Talk about a celebration.  Just after the weight in and I knew I had succeeded, God really did the hard work, I went to Starbucks and had a multi grain bagel, have not had one for about 8 weeks and it tasted as good as I remembered.
I am so thankful to Nikki who led the way, P2P saved my life in several ways, when I started a challenge a year ago my heart did not feel right, my cardiologist had an ultra sound and they discovered the narrowing aortic valve, so in August I had open heart surgery and 3 months later was back able to drive after Clayton and Jerry helped me survive.  Then in January I had a complicated Ablation procedure done by Dr. Chin in Santa Clara, Ray helped me get there and Jason brought me home as I remember, that solved A fib and Flutter totally, What great work by Kaiser people.  Then a few months later I felt ready for the first challenge, its been a life changing experience all the way, the most positive group of people I've ever encountered, I mean never a foul comment or negative put down, just great great great.
I'm rolling the $497 into a years membership as I want, need to keep on working out with the class 5 days a week, I have a dream of being fitter than I've ever been in my life and its within my grasp now.

So this is my story today, grateful to Nikki, excited about today's success and so happy that Jason has joined Pleasanton challenge which starts in two weeks.

Love to all and thanks to God

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment