Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Night by the Fire

Dear Friends and Family,
So thankful to be feeling better finally, have had a rough couple weeks with two runs of antibiotics, finally coughing less, sleeping without fever and shivers, able to keep on working and so grateful to a loving God
In spite of its being the holiday season I've been blessed with orders, I treasure every one of them.  Susan came this week and wrote appraisals all day, was very ill the next door, perhaps she caught my cough, probably, she helped so much only to get so sick.
My furnace has not worked this fall, I've done what I knew to fix it without success, tomorrow a man is coming by, hes from Tracy, to just take a look while he is out here working on someone else's heater.
I'm working on doing a refi, first one in about 13 years but its been a very difficult process.  At this point I'm not sure yet if it will happen.  I need the cash to do two things, my cars are getting old and have lots of miles, I'm planning to purchase Moon's Tahoe, has low miles and has excellent care as we are flying her home to Singapore come January 25.  I need the refi to close for cash for her car and cash for the IRS, I was out of work for three months in 2016 when the heart value was installed and I owe a lot of money.  I'm praying morning and night about the refi, already many very helpful things have happened.  Tom and John came for a whole day and fixed a really bad place on my house with dry rot, they did a great job, Ray, next door angel has helped days on the deck and steps, I've painted where I could reach over the entire home.
Moon is busy packing boxes, some to ship to Singapore for her mom and Crystal and others that I'll bring home when she flies out of Texas and I drive her car back here with a trailer behind.  We talk many times a day and we face everything together, she is an incredible person with a love for family that is just amazing.  Crystal who won the Miss Singapore pageant is now preparing to fly to Egypt for the Miss World pageant but will have to fly there alone, not a great place to be alone.  So we pray that God will guide and protect her.
When I wake in the morning I first turn on a heater that George and Yvonne gave us years ago.  That heats my bedroom and the area where I shower as it is often 59 degrees.  What a life saver, this is one of those heaters that glow orange, a radiant kind of heat.  I remember when George brought it to us so long ago when Nan was still very much alive.  With the heater out this season that heater has been such a huge blessing.  During the time when my fever was so high I kept the heater on all night to hold away the chill.
Can you imagine how amazed I was this morning to get an email from someone in nearby Brentwood who wanted to rent the motorhome today!  I had three appointments which I could not change but they decided to wait till I got home and they rented it and are on their way to San Diego now using the coastal route.  I'm so thankful for the income, it let me get some gift certificates at Safeway for Christmas.
Sending my love and gratitude for your friendship and your prayers.  Dolly has been an incredible prayer warrior for me while I was ill, so thankful for that amazing woman.

enjoy Christmas, easy on the eggnog!

With joy

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment