Friday, February 5, 2016

Moon landing

Good evening,
Just had a very nice email from Barbara Lammerding, a friend that goes way back, she was once the secretary at Central SDA Church, a beautiful church constructed near downtown Sacramento.  Nan and I came there from seminary to work as the youth minister and Nikki was born shortly after we arrived.  Barbara and Gerry had two boys in the youth group, Dennis and Michael and she helped me more than any other person figure out how to be an effective youth minister while there.  Over the years Barbara and Gerry came to visit us here in Discovery Bay many times, Gerry helped me build decks, he drew up the plans for the home I live in now, he would come and clean the garage while Barbara cleaned the sinks and make the house sparkle.  They were a huge help once Nan became ill and were frequent guests which Nan looked forward to so much.  So hearing from her is always very special, she is one of those people that I think God could just take directly to heaven when she passes, her heart is pure and after living with Gerry who was a character she earned her sainthood I'm pretty sure.

After putting up with my being gone all the time and working late hours without complaining I took Moon out this evening to a pretty tasty place in Brentwood for Asian food, then we rushed to the movies to see an incredibly good movie, the Choice.  It is really an amazing story and you just stayed glued to your seat the entire time, wow, we both enjoyed it a lot.  Now she is removing her makeup, you need to understand we all have things that we feel strongly about, for me it is my work and getting appraisals completed and delivered.  For Moon she is a professional at putting on makeup and doing her hair, once she is completed its like a work of art and she sees no one by me until she has the make up in place.

Tomorrow I think we are going to venture to San Francisco, see the Golden Gate bridge and the Muir Redwoods, Jessy sent me a link so I can find the place.  I told Moon that tomorrow is a day I do not work and she seems happy we can spend it together.

I've enjoyed having Gucci here, its her little 10 pound doggie and she is a real sweetheart, in the morning I take her out to the front yard and she explores and does her business, no barking, just a very sweet doggie.

Well its time to rest now,  sending love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment