Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Jason in surgery

This day took me a different direction.  I had just completed seeing a home with 7 acres and which sat on a hilltop near Livermore this morning when Jo's text hit me.  She said they were on the way to the Stanford Hospital for Jason to have the big surgery on his sinus's and a lot more.  She said Jason was sad.

Well you parents know what that does to your heart.  Our family has had too many sad events, we pull together.  So I changed my day from work to family.  I drove over and reached him in a bed to preop where I got to talk to him for about an hour.  I observed as they tried without success to insert an iv, three sticks and bleeding hands!  They had to do it in the surgical room I guess.  He signed away his rights including the right to live and then he was gone, off to the surgery wing.

So Jo and the kids plus Papa had several hours to wait so we ventured out, found food, did individual searches for nice places and eventually ended up in a courtyard listening to a guy beat drums and sipping a drink, Timothy was reading a big book, one of a series he is reading, Mia was just plain cute reading an American Girl magazine.  We went back when they called but it took forever before he was finally released.  I was able to stay with the kids when Jo went in and was with him as he recovered.

Finally they brought a very beaten up Jason to the car and they loaded up and drove away.  Then I headed home to arrive about 9:45.  What a day of challenge and stress.  Jason needed this surgery very badly, his polops have been terrible for years. This is supposed to give him a great deal of relief eventually but the surgery is a rough one and it takes some days to recover from.  Jo will be doing the driving for awhile.

I thank the good Lord that I was able to go and be there for moral support today.  This is a good man who was having a challenging day and God was very good to us all.

Love to you at this Christmas time,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment