Saturday, August 8, 2015

A different kind of Sabbath

Good evening
So this morning found me walking to the park and greeting nice people out with their dogs.  Then instead of church I sat in the sun proudly watching Kallie, our 7 year old, as she played her heart out on the soccer field, could not tell you who won, no one cared but the girls were kicking, running and doing their best for the full time.  Kallie came off hot and I think pretty happy.

For me then it was off to meet Bob for lunch, his son was down and the three of us ate a huge bowl of salad and had soups with too many sticks of bread at Olive Garden in Stockton.

This evening after a brief nap in my chair in the office I had dinner at Subway, a great 6 inch wheat bread sandwich with the vegie patty, tomatoes and lettuce, a Broccoli and cheese soup and a bag of low fat chips along with a iced tea combined with lemonade.  The food was great and I enjoy the friendship of the owner, a great family man from India.

Then it was a short shopping trip to Safeway and the few things came to $67.  Wow.

Now unwinding here at home, spoke to a friend in Ghana, Ellen a couple times today and enjoyed that a lot, also took at call from Helen in Malaysia and that was an amazingly clear phone call for free using What'sApp, an app for a smart phone.  Plus I've been texting my friend in Hong Kong, I'm going to pick up a young man at the SF airport on Monday afternoon and deliver him to Sacramento where he will attend college.  Glad to be a friend and help, its my birthday, the 10th.  I'm praying that my license renewal will arrive on Monday, the 10th or I'm out of business until it does appear, not good!  my fault, I did not file the papers soon enough!  Now I pray and wait.

Love to all and please pray that I will have a clear mind how to make the right steps for my future.  I'm thankful every day for home, food, work, cars and most of all for family, what a family! Tomorrow we all attend the A's game as a family, all nine of us.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment