Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Long Days

Some days retirement looks so appealing, to be able to clean the garage and then putter in it on projects, clean the boat, get the motorhome in good condition, trim the plants.

But instead this morning I rolled out at 5 am after going to bed at 1 am this morning.  I took a friend to the airport, then back to Hayward to deliver a flower to my special Ying, then do a reinspection, then race to Stockton for an early arrival, then Lodi for an early arrival and then River Bank for an early arrival.  God blessed with safety and I'm enjoying driving the diesel bug again, 42 mpg and so comfortable with heated leather seats, great sound system and perfect heater, nice and a blessing.

Had great conversations this afternoon with Ying using WeChat, a system that allows for the translation of communications.  So I speak into the phone what I want to say, it turns my words into text, then when Ying receives the text a few seconds later she pushes two places and the words are translated into Chinese, same for me when she writes to me, amazing and free app.

But I suppose it delays the learning process of a new language, we also have a translator on our phones so when we ride along in the car I have my phone on my knee and when I speak to her in English she hears it in Chinese.  It is good for English but not so good for Chinese, often when she speaks it does not recognize what she has said and I never learn what she meant to say but still it is a great help.  Her English is better every day and my Chinese remains stuck to about 4 words.

I'm heading to bed now, it was a great day of work and safety as I drove and texted verbally, listened to a great book and talked to many people for business.

Sending love to all and asking for your prayers that God will guide Ying and I in our relationship, sometimes rocky and sometimes very sweet, not easy to fall in love when you are my age or even her tender age of 46, she looks 35 which makes it even more difficult out in public, people think she is my daughter, she does not like that at all.

Take care my friends and family,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment