Friday, January 1, 2016

Changing

My dear family and friends
Since I last wrote here my life has changed quite a bit.  My hopes of a future with my wonderful friend Ying have not worked out.  Our communication has been so bad, I thought she was rejecting me so turned to search for someone new and she was not actually sending me away at all.  So at the moment I'm in transition and its emotionally challenging, I do believe that God will help me sort all of this out.  Last Christmas night I flew to Houston to meet in person a new friend.  What I found was delightful, a very interesting and bright woman who just happens to be nice looking but is a church going woman of high standards, multi talented and speaks very good English.  We had several really enjoyable days together and I met her little friend Gucci who I walked in the grass and got to really enjoy.  We ate at several Asian places nearby and spent hours getting to know each other.  We all have our story to tell and hers is one of challenge and pain yet she is a happy person and is so helpful to her many friends in the Houston area.  I flew home on Monday night with happy memories and a urgent desire to return when possible.  I'm going back again soon you can be sure of that.  My friend of 99 days is considering a return trip to china to see her family, that would be so wonderful as she loves that family so much.  I enjoyed our time together and I learned so much from her wisdom and honest appraisal of my good points and my bad ones.  I will always count her as my friend and look back on our time as a precious time.  I thought we would end up married and it seems so did she but she never let me know until I had gone to Houston and sort of moved on.  Missed communication!  But I know God cares and will guide in everything.
I am enjoying frequent texts and photos with my new friend, she communicates in amazing ways!
Tomorrow I plan to be in church, my little girls cannot make it tomorrow so I'll be free to enjoy the worship hour.  This morning I rose late after being up talking to Houston until about 2 am.  I walked my 3 miles and it felt very good to get back into it again.

God is so good to us in spite of our weaknesses and failures.  How I appreciate His love and forgiveness as I start this new year.  I hope this is the year that I no longer am alone!

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment