Friday, April 23, 2010

A Pleasant Day With Jerry

Dear Family and Friends,

10:18 bed time for the brothers. We've had a pretty good day overall. I'm not feeling perfect right now, hay fever seems to have infiltrated my sinuses and my head feels pretty solid, not fun. This morning I was supposed to help with getting the girls up and to their correct places but Nikki called to let me know Kallie was ill and that she was taking the day off. The night had been so awful with a series of events and conditions that were almost unbearable.
I went to bed at 11 and found I could not breathe enough to be able to wear the mask so I tried to sleep without it, I could not fall asleep without the mask, then I came down and did a sinus wash, still no good, then I came down again and tried a allergy pill and back to bed. For a few minutes I feel asleep without the mast but then the two cats were banging on the door. Since their access door is locked at night to keep out the raccoons I thought they might like to be in, wrong. They wanted out and finally in desperation I came down and opened the door but by then they had disappeared, now what to do? leave the door open and risk raccoons or close it and still have at least one cat inside? Eventually I got both of them out, door locked and headed back to bed to discover that I could get a little air through and could wear the mask. Then I was just awake. At 4:30 this morning I turned over and fell asleep until 6:15 when the alarm went off.
Tonight I am sleepy and ready to sleep if the nose will cooperate.
Tomorrow afternoon we are heading down to spend a night in Jason and Jo's driveway, to walk on the beach and to relax a bit in the sun. If Kallie feels good enough in the morning I'll take her and Keanna to Sabbath School, so far this evening I'm not sure how to plan.

Having Jerry here is a real interesting time. Not having anyone in my space for a couple years it is different to know someone else is in the house. I always learn so much about diabetes from him as his is more advanced, he wears an insulin pump and he knows a lot about carbs, food choices etc. I always learn from his senior position as the older brother and this morning we even enjoyed moving the wood he brought down in his truck to the wood holder on the back porch. How thoughtful of him to bring wood. I love to do grocery shopping with him as he knows what to look for and has a wisdom that somehow escaped me so far.

Here is my fondest desire for each of you. Enjoy life this weekend, I mean really enjoy life, embrace it, revel in it and be glad you are here.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment