Friday, April 30, 2010

Keanna turns 7




Dear Family and Friends,


I've just come from a very enjoyable hour with the family. We had dinner at UNOs Pizza in Antioch and Keanna had the chance to open her gifts. Her favorite was her new American Girl, Kit. She was so excited, in fact she enjoyed the whole time there. And at the end waiters and waitresses came and sang the UNOs happy birthday song which she loved. Kallie was good the whole time and took it all in. In a month it will be her turn as she turns 2 on the 30th of May. In the pictures Keanna is demonstrating her proven method for eating pasta and Kallie is just sort of chillin. Kevin, Steve's long time friend from Tracy and his daughter celebrated with us.

This morning Jerry slept in a little later than I so I had the fire going brightly when he came down. We sipped our hot drinks and chatted. Finally we decided on breakfast at the Byron Inn, a great locals place. Once we had breakfast completed we came back and he loaded his things. Around noon he turned that corner and drove out of sight. I sort of call it the good bye corner and frankly I hate it. We all have corners like that in our life, where visits, marriages, lives come to an end and we are left to adjust. I'm sure Jerry is there by now as the trip only involves about 5 hours of driving. I sent my book on tape, Younger Next Year, for him to listen to. Not sure if he got to or not.

It has certainly been an honor to have Jerry as my guest. He is like the perfect guest, he works, helps, cooks, amuses the dogs and is just such a great person. I'm sure Donna will be very glad to have him home. I know I'll be glad when he can come again.
Today the turn of fortune that started last night with an order continues as three more orders came in. What a huge blessing and answer to many prayers, your prayers. Thank you and thank you Lord for your intervention.

Suddenly I'm very tired and ready to rest. It has been an interesting week with the excitement of a loved one here in the house, the despair over work, feeling lousy some of the time but now I have work, I'm feeling much better and I have the recent memories of our time together.

My heart goes out to Jason, Jo and Timothy who are in Hawaii. Jason went scuba diving today and it was to be the deepest dive yet. He called this morning at 6:30 Hawaii time wide awake but Jo and Timothy were still sleeping. He was jazzed to be there. I hope they have a blast.
I send my love to each and every one of you.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment