Thursday, April 29, 2010

Things are looking up, thank you for your prayers

Well hello everyone,
Nope, I've not solved the pink color yet but I will in time.
I have great news to report. The management company I like the best put me back on the list today and already I've got an order. It is nearby, pays well and puts me back into the game. I am totally jazzed.

This morning after waking and praying about work I wrote a very kind and thoughtful email to the one person who had expressed a willingness to add me to the list. He replied a little while later by phone saying he thought I was already back. He followed up and in a few minutes an email came from my friend at the management company informing me I had been placed back in rotation. Then I wrote an email to my contact at Chevy Chase asking if there were changes I needed to make in my work as I had not received any orders. He emailed right back to say they were very slow right now on the foreclosure front and would forward work as soon as he had some to assign. That was more good news.

I woke this morning feeling much better physically. I did not have the stuffy head, the headache or the sore throat. All day there has been very little coughing and I think its a combo of the meds and the spin class that turned it around for me. Jerry and I prepared the motorhome for the storage area and caught a lunch at Subway while we were out. Lois helped with her huge cups that let us get a refill instead of a new drink, saves money. After we put away the motorhome I came home expecting to do some appraisal work but instead we both ended up trimming things outside, fixing a broken rose bush, feeding the roses, trimming them, cutting out dead parts in a Lilac bush and mowing the lawn. Jerry reminds me of Art, he really knows how to get work done outside. Then we migrated to the back deck where Jerry planted a couple tomato plants a friend had given me, we got the drip system in place, swept up the mess on the deck and filled the huge wheelbarrow with the trash. The back deck looks so much nicer now and I have Jerry to thank for it all.

Just now Jerry realized that he left his coat at the Boardwalk Grill, our local Italian place, where we had dinner tonight. As soon as he mentioned it I remembered I left my ski coat as well so I quickly called and my friend Chris who owns the place said he had our coats tucked away for us and yes we could come now to get them, he would be there 10 more minutes. We the forgetful brothers just went and picked up the coats, can you believe that, we both forgot our coats, well the facts are when we both got out of our seats were both stiff and sore from the yard work and could hardly stand up, just moving took all our energy and the coats were forgotten.

Jerry ventures home tomorrow and it seems like he just got here. I have enjoyed this investment of his time in my life very much. We have both remembered things from long ago, had long talks about our childhood which was far from perfect and shared a lot. Jerry brought me a load of wonderful firewood, yes we had a nice fire this evening and in exchange I am sending a very old power lawnmower back with him. He has a way of disposing of it and I don't.

I didn't mention that the management company uses a shotgun approach to giving orders. They post an order and the appraiser that is willing to accept the assignment first gets it. That appraiser cannot claim the next order that comes up so things get shared around. Well this afternoon 4 orders were put out and had I been at my computer watching I could have snagged even a couple of them. You can bet I'll be watching much more closely in the future.

Thanks again for your prayers,

love

tim

1 comment:

  1. Such a roller-coaster you're on! I know how that feels. Am glad things are looking up; you reminded me that we have to help ourselves; when you put yourself forward to find out why the orders weren't coming, they began coming in again - congratulations! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete