Saturday, May 1, 2010

Life has its good moments

Today was like a comma in my daily life, I paused and lived life different than the other days of the week. I am a firm believer that our Creator knew we needed a break in the routines of survival, a time to touch loved ones, slow the pace a bit and experience a calmer life once again.

Ken and I walked in the morning glories of a beautiful morning. We spoke little but savored the fresh cool air and the invigorating rapid pace as we moved around Willow Lake on our proven circuit. We even diverted our trajectory to include a pass through the park. Once I got home I got a call I've been waiting for these 7 years. It was Keanna calling, her sweet little tentative voice, Papa, can you take me to Church? Well now who could resist that invitation.

I quickly hurried up the morning routines and picked her. She and Steve were the only ones up, Nikki and Kallie were taking a rare opportunity of sleeping in, something they both needed very much. Keanna was outside and ready to go. She had her new doll, Kit and some other doll related things, seems Kit broke her ankle so she had a cast and crutches. Talk about cute.

Keanna raced off to Sabbath School yelling back to me that she had brought her own offering. She loves to spend time with Sylvia and the crew who teach, Wes, Rod and Pat. So free of Kallie this morning I ventured into the Financial Peace class and was once again inspired by the practical and solid teaching.

After SS Keanna was hungry and Nikki and Kallie would not arrive for an hour so we hit up McDonalds where Keanna devoured her chicken McNuggets, apple dippers and lemonade. She led forth in the play area enlisting a couple younger kids in the fine art of climbing, hanging, sliding etc.

Nikki called from Olive Garden to remind us of lunch. We met her there and we had a very nice lunch together. As we drove over there Keanna started a spelling bee asking me to mention words and she would spell them. She got all the easy ones so we went a little tougher and she did pretty well on those too. Pam is right, this is a very bright little girl.

They went their way and I went mine and was sleepy at first when I arrived home but soon woke up to begin the process of writing the wedding service for the wedding I am doing on Sunday the 10th in Costa Rica. Now Starr and I are jammed into the faithful recliner with the laptop producing this literary master piece!!

Tomorrow I write and then head into the field to see a couple houses in Manteca and Stockton. Nice to be back to work and this upcoming week will be a challenge as I have to be caught up by Thursday evening as I fly out on Friday.

Tonight I just want to thank God for my family, I am treated so well by my kids, Jason called from Hawaii where they were spending the day on the North Shore, a wonderful area to spend time and lunch with Nikki and the girls, a few minutes with Steve this morning. These are wonderful young people and I'm proud of them all. Life is not easy right now for many of us and they have felt the pressure as well.

So to each and every one of you who read this missive thank you for your comments, prayers and kindness. Yes I miss Jerry but he back where he belongs, head of the clan and safely home again.

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment