Thursday, May 14, 2015

And the rain did fall

I had just finished telling Ellen in Ghana that it  probably would not rain again until fall, she was mentioning that the skies looked like rain for her as she hurried home after working in her moms cosmetics shop for the day when I looked outside.  I was in Burger King having a vegeburger and salad and discovered that it was pouring outside.  I had already completed the appraisal of a nice little place in Union City and was heading home, Ellen urges me to make sure I have regular meals so I had stopped for a quick intake of food.

Later I told her about the rain and she thought it was very funny, by then the rain had stopped in Ghana but of course she was getting ready to head to bed, she is 7 hours ahead of me here in PST.

I met a very nice sales lady today who handled the purchase of the little home, it sold for over list price of course but there are comps so support, a good thing.  She speaks Mandarin and the people at the house had just arrived from china only 5 days ago so spoke no English at all.  She was a perfect translator and it all went very smoothly.

Coming home in the hard rain was almost impossible, I left at 11 this morning and did not get home until 5 tonight, lots of time spent on just one appraisal, bummer.

Tonight Kallie was in a swim meet here in Discovery Bay so I've been there for much of the evening, she is doing so well with her swimming and loves it and knowing what she is doing, its a big deal, over 100 kids are enrolled in the swimming program here in Discovery Bay and at our local community center pool, very nice, they sold a few hot food items to all of us watching and enjoying our kids and grandkids.

Now I'm home trying once again to catch up with the work load.  Tomorrow night Keanna has a major choir event with the choir she sings with so that will be very nice to enjoy.  What great fun the grandkids are!

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment