Friday, May 8, 2015

God is so faithful to us

Ever stop to think about how many times God has blessed your life in special ways, like the car that is changing lanes as you start to move over and then you see the car and avoid a splat on the highway, about a nail in your tire which you discover before it is too late.  My thoughts about God have worked their way through lots of different transitions  as I was young, married, children, Nan's cancer, wrong answer by God to our hearts begging for a cure, coping with loss, again this weekend coping with the ideal mother gone way too early. No mothers day to celebrate for me personally.

Nice surprise today as I was measuring a home in Antioch, phone rang in my ear and it was Ellen from Ghana, had the nicest time talking for a few minutes, a real lift to the day, thankful, hopeful, cheerful and a nice break in a tough work day.  No matter what she never complains, the power goes off nearly every night in her home and is often off for entire days, government mismanagement and the people are growing more and more unhappy over it.  She often takes cold showers because the water is heated by the electricity when it is on but again no complaining.  Recently the PG&E people turned my gas off as they were installing a new gas line to all the homes on our block, they forgot to turn it back on and the next day I had a cold shower, suddenly I could understand what she goes through nearly every day.  But God is good and friendships are very special and precious.

Looks like I do a solo to church in the morning, Kallie wants to spend the day with her dad, Keanna is busy doing something.  Life is good my friends.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment