Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday night and all is well

So another big week has drawn to a close.

I'm home from an afternoon appraisal in San Pablo, a little town located next to Richmond.  What I found when I got there was a little house and a garage next to it with an extra unit built on the upper floor of the garage.  So do we have a duplex really? Or a small house with an inlaw unit?  What form do I use?  Not sure this evening, will have to consult with my client to get it straight.

I hope your week has been meaningful to you. Mine has been OK in spite of being very hot, weather wise, cranking through many difficult appraisals, dealing with the realities of more and more government intrusion into my profession.  We get to make fewer and fewer decisions, most are controlled by rule books now, written to be so restrictive its unbelievable.  Oh well, tonight I don't care, I'm thankful for safe miles driven, for work and pay, for health, for walks around the lake and for family interactions that are great and meaningful.

I'm also thankful that Ellen has managed to find used items to make her home livable again and on Sunday she and her mom are going to reclaim their home from the aftermath of the flood, it will take awhile before it feels like home again but they are bravely trying and I respect them for that.  Meanwhile we are trying every way possible to obtain the visa from immigration so she can visit me here and we can see if what we think we have by phone calls and messenger contacts is real when we are face to face.  I pray hourly for God's guidance and am prepared to follow His leading, God is the creator of love, relationships and our future.  I am persuaded that if we knew how to really love in the same manner that God loves our world would be much different and our own relationships would be much more clear and warm with less friction in them.  God's love is quite different from ours which so often is tinged with selfishness and self serving.  Its so true that God is NOT finished with us yet.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment