Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Cath Lab a great success

Dear Friends and Family,
Jason and I left the house this morning at 5:15, we arrived in Walnut Creek at the hospital early at 6:30 and at 6:45 were being checked in.  Then we waited.  I was set to be the next at 9 am but then there was a heart emergency and we waited, we kept waiting until 12:30 when we finally were prepared and I entered the cath lab, its an incredible place with huge white equipment, cameras and every one and everything in place.  I was draped with sterile sheets and a decision was made that they could use my wrist instead of my groin, that meant a quicker recovery time, 2 hours versus 6 hours of laying flat on my back.  The team were wired and very congenial, all firing questions and comments to me as an appraiser, soon the process had started and in a few seconds there were in my heart and photos were taken, dye was released and soon it was over, from the smiles on their faces I knew we had good news.  None of my arteries had any blockage at all, just the value needed replacing.  They told me that with the new valve I would experience life so much better, with more energy and that I could keep up with my 41 year old girl friend just fine.  The guys were great and encouraging, very pleased with what they had discovered.  Then then the waiting started and it was 5:00 before Jason pulled up and we headed home.  Then we went to the local dentist's office for an appointment, xrays and a quick exam.  With a teeth cleaning very soon I'll have the clear dental certification and have that issue removed out of the way so the surgery can proceed.
Jason is on his way home now after we had dinner at the Sports Bar here in Discovery Bay.  What a huge help he has been today.  Wow he will have a very long day before he sleeps.

Now I'm working again as they have told me I can type so I'm finishing up a report and then going to a much needed and deserved rest.  My Moon has been great and keeping in touch with Jason today to follow my progress and to pray for me.

thank you to all who were praying for this day.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment