Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Bad news

Dear Friends and Family
Dr. Hanna called this morning, he is my cardiologist at Kaiser and I saw him on Monday since I was planning to do the challenge at Nikki's great gym where she lost 90 pounds and reclaimed her life.  I wanted to be sure I was capable.  We talked and he had an EKG on the spot, it was perfect, but hearing me speak of pressure around my heart he ordered an Echocardiogram on Tuesday, each morning I got up early and walked my brisk 3 miles and felt great.
I could tell the lady was concerned at the end of the test on Tuesday and today he confirmed the news, I've had a narrowing of my aortic value for years but it was not of concern before but now after 2 years it has narrowed to the severe range.
As a result he has told me no to the challenge at the gym as he thinks it could easily lead to a heart attack and he is urging a value replacement as soon as possible which will involved open heart surgery and at least a month as I recover.  Of course many concerns fill my mind today, that is as I plan to leave in a few minutes for Oakland to see a condo, then back to Brentwood to see a duet, then on to Oakley to see a huge home and then back to Brentwood to see two more homes today, meanwhile there is a stack of unfinished reports on my desk and Jessy is coming today to write up even more reports for me to finish.
Can I ask for your prayers one more time?  The Dr. says I could just continue on but with only mild exercise hoping that the situation won't get worse.  I'm not much in the mind of waiting for the next shoe to drop so we are taking a hard look at what needs to take place.  Finances fill my mind, a month without income is serious and losing clients is also serious but of course dying is not a good plan either.
I'm not sure how Moon will take this news as she is already concerned about my age and health with her father so ill now. She had a terrible day yesterday as she and Crystal her daughter worked through an interview at immigration in Singapore and discovered her Houston lawyer had not done his work on documents correctly.  She and Crystal certainly need our prayers too.
yes I do have many things on my mind today but if I've learned one thing through the last 10 years it is that things have a way of moving forward and working out, God does not leave us to fend alone and I'm remembering that as I stumble through a very fearful day ahead.
Of course I can't help but wonder when I'm climbing stairs carrying my ladder, will I be OK?
I love my family, my friends and my Moon and have many reasons to have this value replaced and get on with living without heart pain.
I send love to each of you today, thank you for being part of my world

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment