Friday, June 17, 2016

Life is becoming more complicated

Dear Friends and Family
Tonight I'm relaxing here at the computer and seeing the dozens of emails both business and personal, wow.
Heart news:  on Tuesday Jason will take me to Walnut Creek where I'll enter the world of the cath lab, they will be inserting something near my groin and taking a better look at my heart to determine what needs to be done once surgery is happening.  How long I'll be there I don't know and I've been told I can't drive home afterwards so either Jason or Ray will come for me and bring me home.
That evening at 6:30 I see the local dentist as I have to have a clearance from my dentist that I have no infection taking place in my mouth before they will operate, they say infection in the mouth can easily lead to infection in the heart valve and then it has to be replaced again, not fun!  On July 5 I travel to San Francisco to the heart center Kaiser maintains, there I will meet with Dr. Allen who will discuss the surgery with me and decisions as to timing will be made.  They attempted to delay until the 12th but I urged them to reconsider and they did.  The lady on the phone told me that I would be out of work for three months while I recovered, that is not possible and not one person I've talked to so far who has had a heart valve replace has been down more than a month, a month I can handle, three months and I'll be homeless.
Meanwhile I worked hard this morning in the office getting reports out and then did two appraisals, one in Stockton and one in Ripon, then had to drive to Oakland to do a 5 minute inspection of a rear house on a property with two houses, the people were supposed to be there but did not stick around for the appointment and so I drove two hours out of my time and way because of their thoughtlessness, it happens and now its done so that is good.
This morning I walked to the park and tonight I just felt like walking so I did my three miles, just did not walk as fast as I used to and I feel fine.  The lady at the heart center today said, well no one told her it was urgent, and I should just keep doing the exercising I was doing before, acted like a severe closure of a valve meant nothing, I was not impressed with her, I'll tell you that.  But I think she is the gatekeeper so I need to keep on her good side if possible.

I get to take Kallie to church in the morning, it will be great!

Love to all

tim
PS please pray that God will be with us all as we struggle to make sense out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment