Thursday, June 9, 2016

Interesting day, yesterday

Could a guy possibly get better kids?  I don't think so.  Nikki, Jason, Steve and Jo were so supportive yesterday offering their help and encouragement, was very comforting to a frightened heart, beating with diminished flow as it is.

When Dr. Hanna told me the news I had a long day scheduled already.  I left at 11 and found traffic, accidents, a hug steel post directly in front of me which I ran over, I was sure the tires would be gone but amazingly the new tires came through perfectly.  First I saw a condo in Oakland with a delightful lady from South America, place was cute and easy to measure, tiny but nice, then a rush to find a bathroom and a trip to Brentwood for the next house, then three more in quick succession until I finally got home at 7:30 or so.  All day of course my heart fitness filled my mind as I trudged up stairs lugging my ladder, measured in the hot afternoon, I could feel it beating and the same dull ache that has been with me for months was there, at last I knew why.

Jo was quick to consult with her uncle, a leading heart surgeon in Australia who confirmed that I had a severe narrowing of the aorta value, the only solution is to replace it.  Dr. Hanna has set me up with a Tuesday appointment for 11:30 and we will firm up details with a surgeon and begin to prepare for my visit with the knife.  She also told me that the surgery has a success, survival rate of 98% and that is also encouraging.

I held off tell my special lady, Moon, as she was dealing with a very heavy load as she supported her family who were facing their own challenges, I mean serious ones.  I saw a side of her that was very impressive, she does not run away from challenges, she sticks with the person and loves then with everything she has.

last evening as she was walking Gucci and was calm I shared what we were facing, she was incredible in her support and caring.  Instead of just running away from me because I was flawed she affirmed we would be fine with God's help and that our relationship was also solid, it was just what I needed to hear and she was there in spite of being very tired and feeling the heavy pressure from helping her family over the last 24 hours.

So I am working very hard to get caught up, Jessy and Steve are being very helpful and once I know a date for the process then I'll inform my clients of the break I need and move forward.

I just spoke to Kaiser and it looks like my total costs will be less than $1400 since I am on Medicare and Kaiser advantage combined.  Now if I can just save enough to pay the bills while I am unable to work and generate new income.

Moon and I both feel it is a huge blessing that I discovered the value problem, Nikki pointed out that if I had not been doing the P2P challenge I would not have gone to have my heart checked so everything is working out.  I've backed out of the challenge as the doctor said I would have a heart attach if I worked out that hard every day with the severe value narrowing.  God will see me through this and last night my brother offered to come and be here when I come home from the hospital and help care for me those first important days.  What a blessing that is, I just can't thank him enough, all of my kids work long hours every day and don't need to have to do a bunch of stuff for me beyond their busy lives so this is a big deal, his coming.

So today I work in the office trying to push paper to the clients and late this afternoon I drive to Thornton, a little town on the way to Sacramento.  I hope to get my new glasses too so I can once again see my work in front of me.

So I send love to all and ask for your continued prayers, life is precious and good.

Love to all, Dolly has been a special prayer warrior for me and for Moon recently and I thank her for that.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment