Saturday, June 11, 2016

Swim meet in Concord, go girls

I had not seen the girls swim in awhile, wow have they progressed, they know their strokes and placed in the middle or better in all of their heats today, talk about a place being full of energy and friendship, it was just a great thing to experience and all the parents get involved and help out making it all work, there are maybe a hundred swimmers there from 4 years old to 18, all know the rules and all do their best, someone sets up and sells food, everyone helps each other and for a few hours its like utopia, just a great experience.

Since I'm not doing the challenge due to my heart surgery that is coming up soon I've decided to use the Lose It app in my phone, last time using it got me a 50 pound loss and this time I'm dumping pounds already, there are a few basics of losing weight, drinking a huge amount of water, keeping track of what you eat, keeping track of how much you exercise, eating foods that help instead of binge foods that do not help and I'm trying to rest more at night.

This morning I woke up early and took a short walk to the park, I could feel that my heart was not totally happy but I did not push it not really wanting to have that feared heart attack before I can get into surgery and obtain the new valve I so desperately need.

I eat oatmeal every day and today I had a banana with it.  I like it and I don't mind eating the same thing most every day as it seems to work for me.

Moon kept in touch today as she had lunch with her friend and this evening we talked for a long time as she was using her sewing machine to alter her girls friend's shorts, Moon is very capable with her trusty sewing machine and so as she sewed we talked and once again I learned a lot about what she thinks and hopes for in the future.  She is a clear talker, does not know how to say fake things, just says it like she believes and sometimes I'm a bit shocked but then I think it through and she is almost always right.  Right now she is spending quality time with her mom and giving her hope and encouragement as she listens to her mom talk about the day of caring for her father who is in rough condition and in the hospital.  Earlier she talked to Crystal, her daughter, she is totally faithful in caring for her family and I'm always impressed with her loyalty and love for them.

Well now its bedtime, tomorrow instead of working here at home like I usually do on Sundays I see three properties, two duplex properties in Oakland and then a relocation appraisal in Tracy.  What that means is good fees but a very lot of work that no one can help me with, I have to write those reports totally on my own, not fun!

God is good and I am so glad for His Blessings and His forgiveness.  I am so very thankful for my family, all eight are precious to me.

Sending love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment