Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The State Bar

Good evening,
I know one family that would appreciate your prayers this evening or tomorrow.  Jason faced his first day out of three days in Santa Clara Convention Center today as he began to take the State Bar examination which will allow him to operate as a lawyer in the state once he gets word in November if he passed the exam or not.

This morning as I thought back over our family history it became very clear I needed to spend time at Nan's graveside, how proud and anxious she would have been today over Jason and this challenge.  So I went there and just spent time attempting to relate to the great love Nan had for her children and grand children.  Nothing was more important to Nan than her family and she was always there when Nikki or Jason needed her.  How she loved to search for things that the grandchildren might want or need, how she loved in her final months just to see the family and spend time with the people she cared about most in the entire world. 

As I was there at her graveside I just decided today was the day.  I drove back home and did a bit of research, the wonderful young woman at the cemetery has been so helpful, I finally decided on a firm in Antioch, Martin Memorials and called and then drove there to meet with Mr. Martin.  Together we made decisions about the white granite, the photo we would prepare, the wording we would use and the style of the slab and upright piece of granite.  There will be a vase drilled into the granite with a stainless steel sleeve and words that I think really capture Nan.

A woman of class, of faith, of devotion, of energy, of substance.

Across the top it will say simply wife, mother and grandmother.  It will have the same photo as was on the front of the funeral brochure.  I hope Karen Cress still has the photo somewhere as we need the jpeg of that photo.

So all in all I feel good about the work I did today and the event of Jason's taking the Bar started the process.  The cost is significant and I can handle it right now due to the volume of work that God has blessed me with this spring.

Hopefully this memorial will be a fitting tribute to a woman who created this family with her devotion and love to her people always.

Sending love to all tonight,

Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment