Monday, July 6, 2015

Great 4th

On Friday afternoon I decided I would do something totally different.  I loaded up the motorhome and drove 300 miles to my brother and sister in law's home in Weed, CA.  I had an incredible time visiting the family, enjoying the beauty of the area and what excellent food we had.  A game of Mexican Train lasted in the wee hours on Sat. night and it was so fun with the family all teasing each other as the game progressed.

at 4:30 on Sunday afternoon I loaded up and left to come home, having almost no traffic and driving 60 I averaged just over 10 mpg for the 600 mile trip, God gave me a super time and a safe time with no getting sleepy, just drank water and kept it going.  Stopped once each way and this morning I cleaned up the motorhome so its ready for the next time.

Very thankful to a caring God for His leading and protection.  How good God is to us all, He just cares and loves us so much.  How fortunate we are to be His children.

Sending love to all,

Family and friends make the world go round, just lost a class mate who showed so much courage and faith in her battle and it has been wonderful to see class mate give her support as she dealt with the final months and then days.  I'm proud of those people I went to high school with, a great bunch of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment