Saturday, January 23, 2016

Church fun

Such a nice morning, pastor preached a great sermon in his unique style which really communicates so well.  I got to see George and Yvonne after church, always a special opportunity, unfortunately George has a broken foot and is on crutches but they were both in a thankful mood, could have been worse.  The church was fairly full and as I came in late I did not see a place to sit, then the Ahn's opened up a place on the back row with their family.  Felt good to be welcomed so warmly.  Ended up at lunch with them too and that was a very good experience, learned a new Asian place to eat and with Moon arriving in just a few days I need to know all the good places to take her so she won't starve, she certainly would not want to live on my cooking, that that is really bad but still I don't know Asian cooking at all, I know what I like but not sure how to create it, I will some day but not yet.
Moon and I have talked many times today, sometimes we push each other and question each other, we are just getting to know each other and learning so much.  she is a very bright woman and extremely practical as well as romantic and thoughtful.  She evening she is enjoying dinner out with her girlfriends, she has many there in Houston and they help her pass the long evenings, tonight she said the roads were frosty, the weather is cool, fortunately she drives a big car, a Chevy Tahoe, so if a little more safe than in a tiny car.
This evening I fought the boat cover back on the boat, the winds and rain messed it up very badly so its good to get it back on to ward off further rain, now to install a light globe on a drop light under the cover, that will dry everything out and keep it dry in the days ahead.  Now to deal with the motorhome, needs a mirror installed and a new door handle installed.  Ray was kind enough to cover both open places with plastic tape to keep the water off but I have people who want to rent the coach soon so I need to get it back in good working order again, will take some work and a trip to Manteca Trailer, they work wonders over there, the coach needs a new awning installed and the roof sealed in a few places where water sometimes comes through.
Tonight I go to bed early, Moon will probably call much later but I just wake up and talk to her on the pillow and then fall back asleep again.  she is often up very late at night for a very good reason.  Her daughter lives in Singapore with her grand mother and their time is 13 hours different.  So mom and daughter can talk between midnight and 2 am and often do, sometimes she talks to her mom too during that time period. I like that she is in constant touch with her daughter and her mom, tight caring family!  That is just what I'm looking for people who really care.
Church was a very good experience today and being included with the Ahns was nice too.
Sending love to all,
Tim
PS, starting to clear out 20 year old stuff, will get a dumpster the first of the week, its time to get a fresh start and that comes by removing things from the past that I've not looked at in 10 years.  yes George, I might even locate our video tapes from when we went to Israel so long ago!!
Talked to Marilyn, friend who lives in Rhode Island and she was expecting some snow, I spoke to her last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment