Saturday, January 2, 2016

Family

Some gifts we feel all year long, for me its my 8 member family. Steve and Nikki with Keanna and Kallie are near so I get to see them more often. Today Jason and Jo drove over to pick up Jason's car which I had repaired at my shop here, $151 bill instead of the quoted $1100 at Sears in San Jose and they never even located the real problem at Sears!  Should be reported, crooks.

While Jason and Jo were here we went to lunch at Red Robin, Julie and Clayton were here too, Jo's brother and mother, fun to eat together and enjoy our time.

This evening I took up the challenge of replacing the low beam light on the VW bug, not an easy fix.  After hours of work it is now working perfectly but what a challenge that was, I looked at the UTube video many times before finding all the right things to push and turn to release it.  Now the lights work again, thank you Lord.

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appraisal in Manteca at 1:30 but otherwise than that I'll do my 3 mile walk and then work, work, work.

I've spend quite a bit of time talking to my friend in Houston today and as we talk I learn so much about her and what she has experienced in her life up to this point.  A remarkable woman and a real challenge to many of my assumptions.  I'll see her again in a couple weeks and every time we are together the learning curve increases, I'm thankful.

Now its bed time, life is precious and very good in spite of the challenges, relationships and all that goes with it.

It was so fun to watch Mia and Timothy today at lunch, what great little people, my grandchildren are normal, bright and a joy to be with!  I'm thankful and grateful to a loving God.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment