Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Thankful after a long day

Dear Family and Friends,
So it felt so good to back into the garage tonight after a long day on the road.

My work took me to Sebastopol today, a little town on the way to the Pacific Ocean.  I inspected a little semi farm with chickens, dogs, kids, a lawyer husband and a British implant as the wife.  Delightful people, they bought the place in rough condition and have done just about everything to it, its very nice now and it was hard to pull myself away and get back in the car and to work again, it was a sunny day, they had huge trees on their 1/2 acre and one could tell there was a lot of love and discipline there.

Once I left the area I had to travel back to Clayton which is near Concord and Walnut Creek.  I have the honor of appraising the highest sale in the entire town for the last two years, with views of everything, distant water, green hills, distant downtown Walnut Creek, perfect pool and spa, interior had the most amazing deep pile white carpet, updated kitchen, I mean the place was nice,  Priced at over 1.2 million it is now a sale and I'm supposed to locate its true value.  Highest sale is just down the street at a little over a million, not 1.2 million.  Nothing like a challenge and they want it back by Friday!  Yikes.

So I drove about 250 miles today and was so very thankful upon reaching home, I just think back on all the different driving situations where cars could have hit me or I hit them.

Now I"m tired and very soon I'll be asleep, no reason to stay up tonight other than bad habits.

How was your day?  Was it a blessing?  Today I talked to Moon a few days but this was not a good day for her at all, we all have those kinds of days and with her situation so uncertain with immigration it really wears on her.  She does not know what to expect next and her family in Singapore do not understand why she does not just get a ticket and fly home, its not that simple at all, there are things to pack, shipping to take care of, takes 2 to 3 months for her boxes to travel to Singapore from Houston by sea.  I really feel for her and I pray for her often during the day.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment