Tuesday, January 20, 2015

check out those tires

This morning I had to run to Tracy to deliver a check to the DMV for the old black bug that has not worked for years, I failed to do a non op so the fees had mounted and they were getting ugly about it.  Of course when I got there I discovered it was closed solid for the holiday, 

Afterwards I went to Starbucks for a bagel and decaf.  Upon coming out for some reason I looked at the front tires on the Civic.  I was shocked to see steel belt on one tire and the other was bald, I mean almost no tread.

My next stop was at my tire guy in Brentwood, he looked and said they were all shot and for a long time that car, the Civic has been so noisy at freeway speeds.  Well he quoted me $320 for 4 tires!  That was great and after a few minutes they were installed.  He wanted to do an alignment but I didn't have the time, a client wanted a condition in an hour or else.  When I pulled out onto the street the car was like a new car.  Quiet, smooth, much easier to drive, wow, what a difference and 80 on the freeway is silent now and smooth.  What a blessing that money had been deposited into my account from a lender this morning.  the car feels like a different car now and I'm so glad.  Why did I happen to look at the tires?  No real reason but it was important that I see the trouble.

So its late again and I'm finally ready to head to bed, got an important report completed and out to the lender so now I can sleep.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment