Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday night - big week

So this morning was an early call, up at 6, shower and hit the breakfast fast, then on the road for an on time arrival in Burlingame for a full day of a class in writing appraisals.  Was not sure what to expect but it turned out to be so good, the instructor is a full time appraiser in LA and knows his stuff very well.

Last Monday a new FNMA program hit all appraisers.  They are looking at every appraisal I've completed since 2011 and have complied data, they can just tell you that you no longer can work on loans for them and if they do that you are out of business. So all of us are worried.  he started the class today with a discussion of what that means to us.  I think I have more hope now than before the class.

One thing very nice about attending classes is hearing the comments and questions from other appraisers, very helpful and I learned so much that is practical about writing reports every day.  Very worthwhile and cost just $99 for the day and got a great manual too.  But it was 1.5 hours to get there and 2 hours to get home, not fun.

The kicker was, when I arrived I discovered that my wallet was on my desk at home so I had no money all day, no license and it was not great at all.

But I drove carefully and made it home OK, had fuel and easy pass for bridge.

God is good all the time

Love

Tim 

No comments:

Post a Comment