Friday, January 2, 2015

heat at last

Good evening family and friends,

After two years of a very cold house with the exception of those times when I feel motivated to build a nice fire this evening the house is warm.

Last spring I rented the motorhome to a nice couple from Newman, he was a heavy duty diesel mechanic and an amazingly capable guy fixing things.  He not only rented the motorhome but also fixed a lot of things and even found a tire that had to be replaced that night.  As we talked he told me of his brother who was a commercial heating and AC man, that he did side jobs and he could help with the furnace. Well it was summer and I kept his number.  The other morning when I got up and the house was 50 in the hall I dug out his number.  He came yesterday evening and for the first time in 2 years and 5 different heating and cooling experts the heater actually started, now it quit before he got home but it at least proved it was at least capable of heating still.  He came back this afternoon and worked on it some more but while it headed sometimes it still is not reliable.  But as I write the house is a balmy 70 degrees for a change.  Nice! and I am very thankful, plus he was very reasonable in his fees, even with parts he was only $75 for two visits. I also got a 1/3 of a cord of oak from him for $100. Now I'm set for awhile.

I'm so thankful for friends and family this evening, my kids, both families, have been at Wawona in a cabin camping and I'm waiting to hear how that went.

I've been working hard seeing properties and am keeping busy which is a good thing.

I'm glad it is Sabbath, the house is warm and life is pretty good tonight.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment