Saturday, January 31, 2015

Calm day

When much of the rest of the country endures awful weather we had it very nice today.  Our weather was warm and pleasant.

I enjoyed lunch today with friends Bob and Ron at Olive Garden in Stockton, so good to see them again and the food was simply great as usual.

I've puttered around the house today, ended up taking Lois to town so she could shop for their anniversary which hits tomorrow.

Planned to walk today but never go that far, put a new battery in the Civic tonight and that seems to have solved the problem, bright lights and quick starting now, old battery proved to be tired and ruined by no water plus age.

The Civic is a very enjoyable little car now, quiet due to the new tires and 4 wheel alignment, getting as high as 39 mpg and very comfortable to drive.  But I'm driving the diesel bug right now as its a joy to drive as well.

Tomorrow I break my Sunday rule and see three properties, should be enjoyable so I won't have to endure the horrible super bowl, Seattle is a team that I have a very hard time tolerating,  I remember the class of a Joe Montana, Rice, Young, those were real players who knew how to be great but didn't shove it in our faces.  Its interesting that I see their photos and shirts signed so often in the homes I visit for my work,  Real class act people.

I threw new filters into the furnace today and cleaned the condenser  and I think I'm getting a lot more air out of the vents tonight, heats the house much quicker.

God is good and is always so extreme in His loving us, oh that we knew just how much He cares....

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment