Thursday, February 16, 2017

An Excellent Day

Dear Family and Friends,

So to bed at 2 am after sending out a completed report that had jammed up in my desk top computer when I was working remote from Houston, nothing I could do could free it and of course if you turn off your home computer by remote control then it does not come back on and you've lost total control.  When I got home and turned on the monitor there it was, the appraisal program frozen in place on the screen, no key stroke would free it up, in desperation I finally reached down and did the unthinkable, I turned off the power on the computer, holding in the power button for a few seconds.  Then I restarted it and the appraisal program was off, I started it, opened it up and was asked did I want to load the backup copy of the appraisal that had been saved in a special back up file.  I did and the report was all there including the photos and the changes I had made.  So I locked it up and turned it into  PDF and XML files that the lender needs to have and sent it out.  So far I've not heard anything back on it and the client seemed pleased.

I've had a chance to talk to Moon and text her many times today, we are missing each other and I think our caring for each other is stronger than its ever been before.  I'm not that secure about how I look at 68 years old and she is younger and pretty, she loves Asian food which includes a lot of meat and I am a veggie which troubles her.  Last night we were eating at a great Chinese place and she brought back a couple things for me to try, for those of you who know me I'm not willing to try new things but when your special friend is asking...........  So I tried and both things were totally veggie and totally good, she was pleased that I liked them.

Today I saw a nice place in Pleasant Hill, great lady recovering from a hip replacement, moving slowly, then I drove to Lathrop to see a property that was well lived in, Nice people, then it was back to the office to work up things, get things organized and start catching up.  Now I'm ready to sleep.

At 6:30 Moon texted me to gently remind me to eat and to go to bed early tonight.  I just stopped work and went and made soup and had a slice of wheat bread with avocado spread over it, tasted so good.  Our different cultures present us with a challenge, how men and women relate is different in Singapore and America so sometimes we just don't agree on things but I have known her long enough to know how her heart works, she is so loving to Crystal, her young adult daughter and her mom who spends every day caring for her older and sick father, she spends several hours mostly listening to them and giving her love to them. I know how she feels about family and she always encourages me to do things with my family and compliments me when I can help out in any way.  Family means every thing to her and she considers she and I to be family as we try to help each other.

Sending my love and prayers to each of you,

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment