Thursday, February 2, 2017

I'm back, God is so good to us my family and friends

Dear Family, Friends,

Its Thursday evening the 2nd of  February and after wading through pages of Google help I finally managed to find the right page, discover that the email address for this blog is one I have forgotten, mustards@jps.net.  Then they helped me reset the password and here I am finally, I've tried over and over without success, thought I might never be able to blog again but I asked God help me tonight, I really enjoy this connection with some very precious people, friends and family for many years.

On Sunday I'll fly to Houston and spend 4 magic days with the woman I love.  Moon has been very busy with her precious 20 year old daughter Crystal who is in Singapore and this week was featured on TV, she sings, is a 6 foot tall beautiful woman and is a really good girl, Moon spends hours with her on face time audio, a very inexpensive way to spend hours with someone in Singapore.  Moon really cares for her family there and talks to her mom every night for at least an hour, a dear lady who has spent the entire day at the hospital with Moon's dad, he's been there for over a year now with multiple health issues, mom is so faithful to him and Moon is her sounding board, a safe person that she can share her fears and joys.

Moon and I will celebrate Chinese New Years and I'll be there on Valentines day too, will be fun to see her instead of just talk, we talk and text every day and share our day, try to take care of each other from a distance as well as we can.

I'm recovering from a heart Ablation procedure on the 18th of January.  I am very fortunate to have found Dr. Han who is with Kaiser and operates in the Santa Clara facility.  Ray, neighbor, took me there that morning, a Wednesday in driving rain and I waited for over 2 hours for the process to start, its like that with hearts, if someone has a severe problem, they deal with it and then do the routine work.  I was taken in, prepped and told what could happen and what they hoped would happen.  Incredible team!  Jason was with me for the day, once I was taken away hours passed quickly, they inserted 5 lines into my arteries successfully and then moved to my heart, Dr. Han was able to make my heart go into A-fib and then moved quickly to burn various spots where the heart was misbehaving, shorting out, then she was able to make my heart do flutter, another issue and she then proceeded to burn many spots in my heart and arteries until the flutter was dealt with.  she took as extra hour and a half but feels very confident that she was able to solve both A-fib and Flutter, so far I've had neither and its been two weeks.

The downside: I was ordered to lie perfectly still, not lift my head, not move after I woke up, the pain was intense and after going through open heart surgery in August I know a little bit about pain.  I had to lie still for 6 hours until continual blood testing achieved a 170, not sure if that is blood thickness or blood sugar or something else.  Finally the number was 162 and they moved to the next step.

They call it removing the sheets, they told me it would hurt like hell, they were not kidding.  They removed the lines that were inserted in my arteries in my groin area, they would put enormous pressure on me, they said they were putting their entire body weight on what felt like a flat square which they were pulling out of me, pain like I've never known was the result, then they said the last two would be the worst and the girls said, this is like childbirth, wow, I can see why Nan did not want more kids!  Intense pressure and pain engulfed me but eventually it was over and I was alone. 

At 2 am a guy came with food and fed me, great food and very kind attention, it was a welcome moment.

The front of my legs and body is so bruised, I have solid black and blue to my knees and now two weeks later every time I stand up the front of the legs hurt and burn and one shin feels like a horse kicked it but I am better.  I did see two house the next day, Friday but I moved very slowly due to intense pain.

Work has nearly stopped due to the raise in interest rates.  So far this year I've logged in 36 orders and last fall I was seeing them at a rate of about 5 to 10 orders per day.  But I'm so tired after this latest heart episode that I need lots of sleep every night and naps during the day.  Still I'm so thankful for God's leading and blessing, I enjoy my time with Moon even if it is long distance, I love meeting homeowners and seeing their homes, every check that comes in the mail is a little thrill and I'm thankful for a warm home, food, an incredible family and great friends, a brother who calls me every night and a life that is busy and interesting.

I've missed being able to blog, thank you for asking where I went and now I can say, I'm back.
Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment