Saturday, February 18, 2017

Busy, wet and wild Friday

Dear Family and Friends,

Still sleepy after my late arrival on Wednesday I woke reluctantly today.  The weather was wild outside so there was no walk to the park, just a short walk to the shower.  Then breakfast and quickly to the office to do research.
The day started with Tracy and the rain was not too heavy, cute place and fairly quick to measure and inspect.  Then it was a long trip to Rio Vista where I arrived on time at 3 pm.  Another small little house in Trilogy, a 55 and over community, nice agent and a great talk with Moon before and after the inspection and then it was a short drive along a swollen river to Isleton, a tiny town located along the river and with only a few hundred homes.

The young couple living there were troubled because the power had been off for hours and they were worried about the inspection.  It went fine and they had a nice fire going in the fireplace.  Then I shot the only 6 sales in the last year in Isleton and headed home.  Yes there was rain and wind most of the time, but in any job there are easy days and some tougher ones.  When it rains I pull out the big ski coat, I stay warm, dry and I'm always glad to get back into the little care and crank the heater, heat the seat and relax.

On the way home I strayed to Olive Garden for soup and salad, ate at the bar and had my food in two minutes, as I left the lobby was jammed with people waiting for 40 minutes to get to a table, no thanks to that on a work night.

I've talked to Moon and texted a lot today, she is running a fever and not feeling great, slept in late and then went to Walmart to get a few things and some meds.  I hope and pray that she feels better tomorrow, I hate for her to be sick there beyond my ability to help her.  We have had some warm and meaningful conversations today, really nice.

I plan to go to church tomorrow, not sure if the girls will be available at all, they have appointments is the way Nikki put it, we will see.

Perhaps Bob will be available for lunch, to late to check now but I'll email and see.

I hope your week has been good, that your health is strong and that you have found happiness in your relationships.

God is good, all the time, oh that we could love others like He loves us.

Good night

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment