Saturday, February 4, 2017

Living life, such a privilege and honor

So today is my Sabbath, but how I keep my Sabbath is different than in the past.  Example!

I woke this morning, crawled painfully out of bed, dressed and took a short walk to the nearby park, every step evoked pain, its just the way it is after the Ablation procedure with Dr. Han.  My legs are still black and blue and the fronts of my legs hurt from knee to thigh and on the right lower leg just above the ankle, my shin hurts with every step and my ankle is black and blue on its side, just on the right foot, can I explain all of this?  Not a chance but I'm determined to keep walking until I'm normal again.

At 9:10 I caught up with Kallie and Nikki where Kallie and her basketball team were playing another team.  No they did not excel over the other team, I think the final score was 7 to 38 or something like that but the girls enjoyed playing, the coaches are very faithful and its a good experience.  Kallie knew I was there and I enjoyed the time watching and witnessing family in action.  Nikki had brought doughnuts for the team and others enjoyed them too, Nikki, having just lost over 100 pounds did not have a doughnut!

It was time to drive to Tracy to church, I caught a coffee at Starbucks and let it be real this time hoping to wake up, I did.  At church I shot a photo and texted it to Moon, told her I was praying for her, her daughter Crystal who is performing this weekend, her mom and dad and us.  She texted back her thanks.  Our pastor just does an excellent job of communicating and giving us the word from our loving Father.  I think he and his wife are doing a great job and I appreciate the worship hour, it was fun to sit near the Ahns and see the little girls in action during church, great family, blessed to know them.

After church it was vegeburger at Burger King along with salad and a drink, then it was drive back home.  While the weather was so calm and sun shining I retrieved the ladder, extended it the full 12 feet and scurried up onto the motorhome roof where I installed the new AC fiberglass cover I had picked up yesterday from Manteca Camper and RV store.  4 screws later and with Ray handing things up to me the cover is safely installed and once my feet hit the pavement I felt better, being on the top of the motorhome with hurting legs and decreased mobility was not fun but the job is done now.

Then it was time to pick up Kallie since she was about to be alone for the afternoon, the other three all had places to be.  We eventually drove over to Concord and had dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and while we waited the 45 minutes to be seated we worked the 1/2 price book store next door,  Kallie searched carefully and selected a few things and then our table was ready.  The food was great and we had a delightful time.

Then I drove back to Discovery Bay, spent some time relaxing with Steve who was now home and Kallie headed for bed.

Getting to spend quality time with a grandchild is a huge gift of meaning, joy, excitement and privilege.  I have 4 bright, energetic, delightful grandchildren and that is why I am rich and blessed.  Moon has taught me a great deal about valuing family, about thanking God for special moments with these unique individuals.  She is so right, they are precious.

Now I'm off to bed, since the open heart surgery in August and the Ablation procedure two weeks ago I really need to rest up at night.  I'm thankful to sleep and dream pleasant dreams.

I hope your weekend is progressing nicely, tomorrow is the Super Bowl, I'll check in from time to time to see the score, I just never feel like I have the time to sit for several hours watching a game.  I'm happy for those who enjoy the day, the hype, the fun, its great for them but I would prefer to spend the afternoon with Moon or family.

Good night, it was so great to see friends at the Tracy Seventh-day Adventist Church today, spending time with these very special people reminds me that life is more than working all the time.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment