Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday evening, the world watches Super Bowl in Houston

Good evening friends and family,
As I write I can hear the tapping sounds of rain drops falling on my window AC in the office, yes once again we are having rain and I have mixed feelings about it.  I know we need it and we are thankful yet its no fun to measure a house in the rain, my page that I write down the details gets wet and the ink lines run a bit, usually I can get under the eves to write down numbers and mainly keep the sheet sort of dry but it often looks like a rare parchment by the time I'm back to the office, yet we always get the job done.

This morning I woke late, was dreaming about my precious friend in Houston when  series of texts came in, she was up early, preparing to attend church, was very tired and sleepy and would call later, that was good news, I feel good when we both get a chance to attend worship services and take time to pray for God's help in our troubled lives.  Later she texted to say she was having lunch with her girl friends and even later she had been invited to a girl friend's house where they were preparing a mini feast together.  I relax when Moon goes there, it s warm caring group of women and the food they prepare is always something she enjoys.

I drove to Stockton to see a property and then called about seeing another property, the order just came in Friday afternoon, they were glad to let me inspect so I drove across Stockton and inspected a highly updated home, just about everything was replaced and nearly new, during the week its a day care for 14 busy children so seeing it on Sunday was better, glad it worked out.

Then Keanna texted me as I drove the levee road back home to see if I had time to take her to lunch, when a grandchild calls, yes I do have time so we went to BJ's and then shopping for awhile.  There is a common trait with Nan, Nikki and now Keanna and Kallie, they like to shop and seem to really enjoy the process, Target yielded some kitty litter I needed, some vegefood, some low fat Starbucks Mochas for a lower price than Safeway, like 2 dollar less per each four pack, Keanna found many items she wanted and eventually we left the store.  

Once I reached home I took time to try to start the motorhome, the battery was low so I folded up a tarp, folded up rope and plugged the RV into electrical power to top off the batteries.  Now I'm at my desk, having eaten soup and am sipping a hot chocolate, so good!  And yes I'm working, preparing for tomorrow, to see houses and generate income.  I'm also waiting to hear from Moon, been waiting for her call all day but right now she spends a lot of hours talking to Crystal, its a critical time for her and Moon has advice that seems to help a lot.  I'm not about to get in the way of a mom spending time with her daughter, nothing I have to say is that important.

I'm avoiding the super bowl, even if I don't care who wins I still get upset it seems with the calls or the momentum of the game.  I guess I wanted New England to win and I'm afraid at this point they will not win, it does not effect my life in any way, I have no money on the game, would never bet on a sports event so why do I get so uptight watching a game?  Have no idea but getting work completed is much more important, especially this week, why?  well next Sunday I fly out of Oakland early in the morning to arrive in Houston at 1:30 for 4 days with my very special friend.  I want to be ready, packed and there on time at the airport on Sunday and that involved what I do each day between now and then.

So now its back to work and yes I'll go check on the game again, should be over by now.

Love to each and every one of you,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment