Monday, October 20, 2014

good day

nice time of year, a little sprinkle on the windshield, a good inspection of a little house, work being set up on my desk, many mochas later I'm heading to bed now.  had a great dinner with mixed veges, brown rice, a little thin butter and soy sauce, some little sausages mixed in and good eating for sure.

Tomorrow I'm in the field again.

Let me tell you a sad story, Tim pulls up at a house in Dixon, the loquacious owner comes out and chats me up, Tim starts measuring and forgets to take the front photos of the house.  Now tonight I'm writing the report, all done and ready but no front photos so back to Davis I go tomorrow, not fun but I'll go on my way to Richmond and get the two photos shot, even a veteran with 30,000 of these inspections under the belt can forget easily at times.  I just hate to vary my routine, it never fails that I'll forget something then, like if the homeowner says, can you do the inside first, bad idea since you need the outline of the house to put all the inside rooms in place.  Anyway it keeps me humble.  Some money came today, so thankful for that, always grateful for new orders, they came today as well.

Ray and Lois came home finally, so glad to have them back, good friends.  Get this, a circuit board failed in their relatively new clothes washer.  They just bought a new machine for less than the board replacement plus no one had the board to sell even.  So with discount they pay $300 for a washer and the board was over $400.  Figure that one out!

Life is good, God is great,

Love


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment