Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Very Big Day

I think I'm about as far from retirement as one could be.  I rolled out at 6:30 this morning, enjoyed a long hot shower and then brought the laundry baskets down to the Maytags.

So while I furiously printed out new orders and wrote a rush appraisal the washer and dryer did their perfect thing so I'm set for another 10 days.

At 11:55 I completed the report and left for Alamo for a 1 pm appointment.  What I found was pure magic.  When people have enough funds to build the house of their dreams on more than an acre in Alamo where the median price is over a million dollars you end up with something very special.  I've seen only a few homes that could possibly rival this one for quality and design.  Triple crown molding in most rooms, kitchen with 4 ovens, quartzite counters 4 inches think, massive beams, high ceilings, driveway with special moisture absorbing pavers, $200,000 in landscaping alone, massive oak trees, just amazing in every way.  So just walking through the home with the owner and shooting dozens of photos took a full hour.  I then quickly shot what comps there are and left for Oakland where in comparison to the 3800 sf mansion I next inspected a 902 sf little home.  The lady was great and the house was so cute.

Upon completion I next turned to San Francisco where I arrived early.  My subject was a triplex with outstanding views of all the peaks of the city.  The units were cute and they handed me a floor plan, now that is always great at the end of a very long day.

On the way home the rain began in earnest.  Lois texted to say Ray had closed up the motorhome, windows and vent which was a very nice thing to do.

With a short stop at UNO's in Antioch for soup and 5 grain pizza with spinach and mushrooms I am now home.  I'm very thankful for an excellent day.  How I like things to go smoothly and today they did.

So with all of this reported I'm heading for bed now.

Love to all,

In Manteca at 9 in the morning at Del Web for a sale, its a rush of course.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment