Sunday, March 24, 2013

Back home after a super weekend with family

Well the motorhome is sitting quietly in the driveway after going about 190 miles to and from the beach.  We all had a blast.  Nikki and Steve have vast experience camping so know just what to bring and how to go about having a very good time.  Our fire lasted late into the night last night even after we gave up and headed to bed.

This morning two little voices announced that they were outside my tent waiting to go to the beach.  So I gradually dragged myself from my warm sleeping bad and dressed, then we walked to the beach, now getting to the beach was no small process, it involved a lot of steps and walking.  Later in the morning Keanna wanted to got to the beach again and my first thought was no, can't do this.  I am so sore and stiff from walking the beach.  Then I thought about it, why not, probably would not kill me and sure enough it did not kill me.  We had a nice time and she found me a walking stick to use.

The motorhome worked perfectly for the entire trip, other than a few missing items from the last renter which we could have used like a toaster or paper towels the trip was great.  This morning during breakfast Nikki had a recent version of Snow White on and it was great, nice to see the equipment still works in the motorhome after years of neglect.

I arrived home about 3:30 and left the motorhome in front of their house so they could remove their things, then Nikki picked me up and took me back to get the coach and bring it home.  Then I removed the last few things I wanted out and came in to work.  I've just shipped on to the lender and its bed time now, I'm so tired and sleepy and very very sore.

It was great to have both families together yesterday, the cousins plays their hearts out on the beach and get along very well.  The weekend was a blessing for my own soul.  It needed some reviving.

Tomorrow I'm off to Gilroy to see one, the back to Hercules and then back home once again.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment