Monday, March 11, 2013

Challenging day

Good evening

While Jason is going to Law school I'm being deposed for an appraisal I did in 2003 if you can believe it.  Its so long ago that the file has been shredded but we still have the electronic records, thank good ness.

So this afternoon I arrived in Walnut Creek, found parking and was in place at 12:35.  The lawyer came and spoke to me and I waited.  We went into the room and waited some more.  The other sides lawyer thought it was 1:30, right! so came in late, then I was exposed to questioning from both lawyers and I didn't get to leave until about 2:45.  What an experience, fortunately I know more about appraising than anyone in the room but still the questions come this way and that trying to trip one up.  I think I did OK.  Shocking was the fact that they used my day and only paid me mileage, $77 for the day, that was a bummer.  Not only that it looks like its going to trial so I'll probably have to testify again but at least that time I'll be paid better.

When I arrived back at the office Jessy had things ready for me, I received an email from New York letting me know that the Sacramento appraisal I had finished had been shredded by a reviewer from San Diego who does not even have access to the local MLS board.

It was a real blow and one I'll have to deal with tomorrow.  Will that one ever end?

The girls came this evening for awhile and played, then Marilyn prepared a wonderful meal and then I headed back to work some more.

Now its time to go to bed.  Yes!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment