Thursday, July 10, 2014

What a huge day, God really blessed through it all, good hands to be in!!

It started at 6 this morning, determined not to miss another day of walking I jumped up and headed out, my friend hit me on messenger and we had a delightful time chatting as I walked.  Later in the morning when her battery on her phone was dying we said goodbye.
I did quick research, set up files and headed out for Saratoga, a place that strikes fear in an appraiser's heart.  It is a place of very high values, of sports figures, big wigs in the Silicon Valley companies, Stanford Teachers etc.  The place I went to had an acre on a hillside, over 5400 sf of wonderful homes, of course pool, spa, vineyards, 4 car garage with a Red Tesla charging and a delightful house sitter.  A young black woman who is three weeks from delivering her first little one, she was so kind and helpful opening doors and pointing out where to go, it took over an hour and 1/2 to measure and at first one tenses up, its just overwhelming but then I've learned to face it like everything else, take a first step, measure one wall, get it on paper and just go from there so nows it all on paper and many photos later I've got it.  Then there is the process of finding and shooting the comps, they are located all over the area on narrow two lane roads, up private drives, on steep hills and at about 2:30 I was finally ready to drive to the next appointment in Santa Clara.  That proved to be a much more  normal home and after that I met Jason and Timothy at a Starbucks for a few minutes and then headed to Oakland.  That part of the trip up 880 proved to be very slow and arduous, finally at 6:25 I arrived there to do that one, then I drove to Mountain House to shoot three photos and arrived home at about 9:20.

Now its bed time and I'm so grateful to God for a safe and productive day.  He is very good to us in spite of our ways.

My friend always urges me to be careful and to stay blessed after she goes to bed at her time 11 but my time about 3 pm. She takes time to pray after we hang up and then goes to sleep.    I am praying that soon we can meet and be together, that is my prayer and I've repeated it over and over until I'm sure God is getting tired of hearing it.  But mostly I desire His will to be done.

Good night my friends and family,

Love


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment