Sunday, May 4, 2014

Campout a huge success

A week ago I was concerned about how the events of the weekend would all play out.  Then Barbara Lammerding called to suggest we do the memorial service on Friday night, we did and it worked perfectly as we had time enough for everything to take place in a natural order and pace.  Then I drove home and Kallie and I left in the motorhome about 8 on Sabbath morning.  We pulled steve's enclosed trailer with the two paddle boats inside.  Upon arriving there the kids pulled the boats out and carried them to the water, they played in the boats all afternoon and into the evening, then again this morning. Even kallie and I were out enjoying ourselves a couple times. 

The people who attend the campouts are always so interesting, the food is great, Dick Lanza keeps his boat going with people fishing so there are fresh fish all the time.  last night the kiddo made Smores and the day was perfect for all.

We left about 11 today, found fuel eventually and had a safe trip home arriving about 2:30.  Nikki picked Kallie up and I went to work getting the motorhome cleaned and put away.  Even the heavy paddle boats are out of the trailer and beside the house now.

It all turned out well and this year the Lake McSwain camp has WiFi that was offered for free.  That helped us stay in touch but no knowing I did not take my laptop or I could have blogged.

Here is hoping for a great week for all

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment