Saturday, May 24, 2014

Good evening

What can I say about today?  It was a very different kind of Sabbath for sure.  In anticipation of a special friends arrival I determined to do something quite different today than normal.  First off I went to see Kallie play TBall.  she did great and got some nice hits, who knows if the parents enjoy the time together more than the children?  Its a good experience.  Then after a quick stop at Starbucks for a decaf I switched out the wall AC in my bedroom with a newer one I picked up nearly a year ago on clearance.  Then I started looking in the third car garage for a special green colored paint, the paint that is on the walls of the dining and living room.  When Nan died we eventually took her  92 gallon reef tank down and Steve was able to find a new home for it. But when Dana and I painted the living and dining rooms the tank was in place so we had to leave a huge white wall behind and beside the tank, once the tank was gone there was this glaring white wall surrounded by green.  I could not locate the green paint, I even went to town to the hardware store to ask if they had a record of what color we used but they did not.  What to do about the white wall?  I tried a sampler they had but it was too blue.  When I picked up Kallie for her promised sleep over I discussed my situation with Steve.  I had searched in the garage for several hours, found many cans of paint but none were right.  He kindly came back with me and started searching.  I was very discouraged and bowed my head to pray, Lord please help us find the green paint and at that moment Steve called out to say he thought he had found the green paint.  He had indeed found a box with three cans of green paint.  One was the right color and a perfect match.  Then Steve proceeded to grab supplies, roller, paint holder and in a few minutes he had painted the entire walls, the white spots were gone and the new paint looks great.  Once we cleaned up then we went locally to our pizza place and had a nice meal of salad and pizza.  Then we came back and he helped get Kallie's room cooled down and ready for bed.  He tucked Kallie in, helped me solve what was wrong with the power stair chair and then went home.  So it was a different kind of Sabbath but I feel very comfortable in the improvements we have made today to this home and to our life.  The moment I will long remember was when Steve said he had found the paint as I was praying for that very thing.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment