Friday, May 2, 2014

Late night

its midnight and I'm just back from helping with Gerry's memorial service.  It was a perfect send off for our special friend.  The music both harp and trumpet was perfectly performed, the comments by the grand kids were perfect, Beverly did an excellent job on the biographical sketch and I was able to do my part well I think.

The church was packed and overflowing with well wishers and family.  I saw many people from the past that I enjoyed talking with.

I felt honored to be the speaker tonight and I sure know Gerry and Barbara. They are very special friends and have been for many years. The DVD that Dennis put together was excellent and did a great job of showing Gerry's life.

Now I got to bed, rise very early in the morning, load up and leave with Kallie for the campout at Lake McSwain.  We will have a blessed time I'm sure.

Right now I'm saying good night and good things are happening in my life for which I'm thankful.

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment