Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Such a great time of year

Perhaps I love this time of the year so much since it reminds me of August in Washington State where I was born and grew up.  Long summer days on our 80 acre farm were filled with walks through the huge garden, riding on the tractor, playing in the dirt and walking across the hay fields or playing in the barn.  Even on hot summer days it rarely rose above 75 degrees and there was rain fairly often even in the summer.

So our spring here is like my childhood summer and it is pleasant, to sleep with the windows open and under a simple blanket, the same blanket that I have used so many times in the past when I was near Nan, its a simple pink blanket and has served well.

Todays highlight was having Keanna come visit.  This creative kid decided to write a book today, to then create a cover and make copies.  Very clever and the story is one she thought up and wrote herself.  Tomorrow is her last day of school and she is sad, she loves her teacher so much and loves learning.  What a great experience our local school has been with caring teachers and lots of parent involvement.

This afternoon Kallie and her mom came to pick up Keanna, they did some picking up of things in the living room in anticipation of Dana's visit, we hope it happens soon.

I'm just back from seeing property in Stockton, nicely updated and attractive.  Now to finish one more report and then to bed.  I have the most orders I've had at one time in the last 3 years and I'm feeling the stress of it all.  I have way more work than I can do in a timely manner so the emails and phone calls are constant.  I'm seeing the market turn rapidly with little inventory, that means few homes on the market, and many buyers bidding on every home that comes on the market.  Here we go, at least I hope so.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment