Sunday, December 23, 2012

Escape from the rain to IHOP

So I worked all day, writing reports and getting up for more hot drinks.  The rain poured outside most of the day and the wind gusted up to about 20 mph.  Not a great day to be outside.

Late this afternoon I made a gift run to Tracy and the rain was intense all the way, I saw where cars had run off the road and were stuck waiting for a tow truck, my umbrella saved the day getting me into CostCo and then WalMart, oh the one in Tracy is nice, huge and has a great selection.

Then I was cold, my feet were wet and I remembered the good senior omelet at IHOP so that's where I went.  They had few people there and even fewer staff but eventually the food arrived, it was great and perfect in serving size.  But all too soon it was back out into the rain again.

Once I got home I had to unload the car but eventually managed to find places for everything.

Tomorrow Jason and Jo with kiddos are coming to visit and spend Christmas even with us, then on Christmas morning we'll descend on Nikki and Steve's and kiddos for the "tree" and breakfast.  It will be great to relax with family.

Jo has a birthday right at Christmas too so that's a bummer for her but we'll all try to help her celebrate.  She must be at least 30 by now!

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment