Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nice Winter day

Oh it was chilly this morning or at least my weather station given me by the kids told me it was cold, very cold for here.

I sipped a decaf and worked this morning completing a Sacramento report, then I did research for San Jose and headed down.  It was a lovely home in a special area near downtown San Jose, so perfect and the back yard was amazing.

At 6 I attended a Christmas program which features the childen including Timothy.  He stood in the front row and knew all the songs and the motions.  It was controlled chaos and so much fun. 

Afterwards I headed home only to encounter some traffic coming over the Sunol Grade, no fun and unexpected.  Could people be heading to the mountains already or just heading home from Silicon Valley shopping?

My very thin blood has caused some problems, limited bleeding from places you really don't want to bleed and an eye that is filled with the left over blood of a ruptured vessel.  It hurts and my vision is not the best out of that eye.

Gradually I'm feeling better and beginning to be more engaged in life again, by that I mean the excitement that comes with Christmas and taking on projects.  I've felt so swamped by work that I think of little else, not a very balanced way of living.  And yet I'm behind in my work and that haunts me as I want to be caught up and on top of it.

I do have things I'm very thankful for, proper heart rhythm, less coughing, restful sleeping and hot water once again.  Tomorrow morning a friend of Steve's is coming to give me an estimate for a repair that is long overdue on the house.  In the family room the wood stove is mounted in an area that hangs out from the side of the house about 4 feet deep.  Rain falls directly on plywood and over time has crept into the joints causing dry rot to effect much of that area.  It needs to be replaced with new wood including sealed joints.

I also need to get my paddle boats out of the water, well first I have to get the water out of the paddle boats, then pull them up on the dock and secure them for the winter. 

This weekend Tanya will come and clean the house, timely since Jason and Jo are coming on Monday to spend the night, we'll have fires burning in both ends of the house and a nice cheery evening.  I can't wait to host them and then we all gather at Steve and Nikki's on Christmas morning for breakfast and to open gifts.  What fun!

How thankful I am to be here for one more year with the family, every member a character, every member loved so much.

And love to you tonight,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment