Monday, December 3, 2012

Sort of a mess of a day

Up at 6 this morning, shower, dress, hot chocolate in the Kureg, so good!  Say good morning to the pets, they rub and talk to me.

Work for a bit and then prepare to leave for a 10 am appointment.  It was at a 55 and over community and the back yard dipped down to a level area and then up to the golf course fairway.  As I was walking down to take a rear photo I slipped and found myself going down,  this evening I'm discovering more and more stretched places and sore spots.  Nothing broken but a very muddy knee in my slacks.

After that appraisal I moved to a different part of town to take comparable photos for an appraisal we did last Friday.  Once that was completed I drove to Kaiser for EKG and blood workup.  Of course just as I arrived I was told no one was available until 1:30.  I was stunned and at first angry.  The whole day was planned tight with work to finish.  So I turned back and went to the lab and was able to have the blood drawn, then I found the cafe and some very good food.  By then it was time to go back and I had the EKG.  My cardiologist came in and went over his plans for next Monday.  He added a new medicine to be taken until Monday that calms the heart.

Then it was back out the door.  Since it was sunny today I stopped at Home Depot and purchased white duct tape.  When I got home I ventured up on the top of the motorhome which is always a bit scary, it s a long ways down.  Then I laid down on the top near the front and reached out and placed a strip of white tape over the place where I think the leak is taking place.  Then I carefully made my way down.

Finally it was time to work and I've done that until now, its bed time as morning will come early.

There are other things not so good that happened today but they are personal and I'll just soldier through.

Tomorrow morning at 5 am marks the 5 year anniversary of losing Nan.  I don't have any better idea today than I did then why in the great cosmic scheme of things Nan had to die.  She was the most wonderful wife a person could ever hope or prayer for.  To all of you who helped care for her so much over the years I once again thank you.  You helped her stay at home and be surrounded by the love of family and friends.


Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment